Thursday 3 December 2009

2 Whole Months & 13 Whole Days!

That's how long it has been since I last updated here. Where has the time gone? It doesn't seem that long since I was last here, writing down my sometimes strange and boring thoughts! You'd think after all that time away, that I might have loads of interesting and exciting things to write about. The sad thing is, that I don't think I have done all that much in all that time, which kind of makes my life seem dull!

The downside of getting married is the amount of money it costs. There are so many things to pay for and lots to buy, and it would seem that where the word wedding is added, then so is an extra zero to the end of the total! Everything soon adds up and you start to wonder where all the money is going to come from to pay for it. You start working out how many paydays there are left, and how many birthdays may get in the way and disrupt the saving. Then you start staying in even more than before, and question everything you want to buy, and I guess that's why I don't have a lot to report for the last 2 months!

So what have we done? Well, on the wedding front I have been busy making more favour boxes. I have also bought our wedding postbox and guestbook from the fantastic prettywild. I have chosen and ordered a veil, tiara and petticoat, and we have managed to narrow the choice of bridesmaid tiaras down to a choice of two.

On the non-wedding front, I have finally picked up the patchwork quilt, and I am 3 squares away from completing 1 side. However, it has been put aside again while I make a smaller version as a New Baby present (photos to follow when completed). Also on the creative front, I have been getting creative in the kitchen by making some lovely cupcakes and trying to perfect the art of butter cream frosting. I am trying to achieve a professional finish. My aim is to make boxes of cupcakes to give to friends and family for Christmas. I shall also post photos on completion of these.

Well, I guess that's us caught up for now. This weekend I will hopefully be baking and sewing, and watching Mr P at the snow dome. I will also be very jealous that I will not be testing out my new snowboard this weekend at the dome. However, it's best I get back up the gym before that happens!

Goodnight x

No comments:

Post a Comment