Tuesday 31 March 2009

Never too old to dress up!

I'm sure every woman spent some point during their childhood dressed up in their mum's clothes, shoes and/or jewellery. There was always something exciting about putting those high heels on, or wearing that hat and parading in front of the mirror. For me, it was rollers! My mum had a big tin of hair rollers that she kept in the drawer. For some reason I loved playing with them, trying to put them in my hair. I never actually remember seeing my mum with them in, but somehow playing with them made me feel very grown up.

Tonight I have been helping one of my real forum friends (as mentioned in previous post) choose her bridal accessories. So, armed with some borrowed tiaras and veils from work I arrived at her house as excited as a child getting ready to put the heels on! As she opened the door, it was a relief to see she was just as excited, maybe even more so!

The result of my outing was that she has now chosen the tiara and veil she wants, which I have to say did look very nice on her.

So that was my night, grown women having a coffee and dressing up in bridal accessories. It just goes to show that you are never too old to play dressing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment