Thursday 14 May 2009

Remember Me?

Remember me? I'm the naughty blogger who has been missing for weeks. Well not so much missing, but more that I haven't been bothered to blog, which sounds really bad now I am writing it down! I suppose that some days I have been busy though, and I have been sleeping a lot better lately, which is good. I have also been reading quite a lot. I think that helps me sleep too sometimes.

So, I suppose I better fill you in on what has been going on in my life since I last blogged. That's if I can remember everything, it's been so long. The last time I posted was just before the bank holiday weekend, right after buying my wedding shoes which I do love lots. So much, that I asked the bridesmaids if they would like matching pairs, so now I have 4 more pairs to order. 3 bridesmaids, but one with feet that could grow over the next year.

Bank Holiday weekend was spent at home finishing the decorating, and shopping in Homebase for laminate flooring. We came up with the bright idea of saving money and doing it ourselves, all I can say is Never Again! It was really hard work, and the spacers that mark the gap round the edge kept moving, making it really difficult. Although I would never do it again, it was well worth putting the effort in as it looks fab.

The following weekend was spent shopping for new clothes with my birthday money, which was given to me 2 days early. 4 hours on Saturday and another 5 on Sunday! I must be crazy! It was hard work, as I have no confidence when shopping, especially if on my own like I was on Saturday. I always end up buying the same things, as I get scared to try new things, in the fear they won't suit me. I spend ages looking at what other people are wearing, envying their style and wishing I looked as nice as them. When really there is no reason why I can't. So on Sunday, with help from a friend I learnt to layer and accessorise, and it was good. I now believe that I can make several outfits from what I already have in my wardrobe, and believe that maybe I don't always need to buy new clothes, just new accessories from time to time.

'Remember Me?' is also the title of one of the books I have just finished reading. It's the story of a woman who has an accident, hits her head, gets amnesia, and has forgotten the last 3 years of her life. She doesn't remember getting married, she doesn't even remember meeting him. I really enjoyed the book, but it scared me slightly, and made me think where I would be if I woke up and my memory was back 3 years ago! Not in a place I would like to be, and I wouldn't remember meeting Mr Perfect, or getting engaged, or meeting any of my lovely hitched friends. It would be really weird and really scary. Maybe I shouldn't read, as it causes me to think about things too much!

Well I think that just about brings us up to date, apart from mentioning that it was my birthday on Monday, as most people reading this probably know. Oh, and that a huge barbecue arrived on Tuesday and I am really looking forward to building it, although a little worried that it wont fit in Mr P's new shed. Oh, and I should add that the weather forecast is really shocking for this weekend and next, so we probably wont be using it anytime soon.

Plans for this weekend:

Putting the barbecue together
Making some wedding stationery
Cleaning the house from top to bottom as it's really messy from decorating
Going to town to buy friend's birthday present and bits to embellish some tops
Embellishing some tops
and going to Ikea to choose some new living room furniture

No comments:

Post a Comment