Sunday 31 May 2009

Clueless!

That is what I am tonight. Clueless! My mind has gone completely blank and I have no idea what to write about! I did think about not blogging at all tonight, but then I would risk having the sleep problems I had when I skipped it last week. With a busy week at work ahead I could do with all the sleep I can get. It's annoying really, as I know that as soon as I switch the light off, my head will be filled with thoughts on anything and everything.

So what do I write about? I have already talked about half of my weekend, and today wasn't all that exciting either. We went in search of our kitchen, the new kitchen we are having fitted in October. The new kitchen that not only my Dad is coming over from France to fit, but is also buying it for us as a wedding present. It's the biggest and most generous present I have ever been given, so as you can imagine I am very touched, and also very excited.

So this morning we got up and headed into Cambridge with all Mr P's drawings and measurements of the kitchen, ready to get quotes. First was B&Q where we found the kitchen we had already chosen in the brochure. However, we were unable to get a quote as apparently you need to make an appointment for this. The lady we spoke to was very helpful though and we got one booked for next week. We then headed up the road to Homebase where we saw the other kitchen we like. It's actually almost identical to the one in B&Q. The only difference though was that the ones in Homebase did feel like better quality. The drawers and doors seemed a lot sturdier. My only worry about Homebase is the staff. Again we were told that we need to make an appointment, but this time the boy who served us was not anywhere near as helpful as the B&Q lady. I say boy, as he did seem very young and barely out of school. He didnt seem to know a lot about kitchens at all. All I can hope is that the consultant we are booked into see has a little more knowledge. So a bit of a wasted trip really, although we now have appointments to see consultants in both stores next Saturday. Hopefully by this time next week we will know exactly how much the kitchen will cost and whether we will need to put any money of our own towards it.

I really can't think of anymore to write, so I am going to turn off and hopefully sleep.

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment