Wednesday 16 September 2009

Addicted to Facebook?

I don't have a particularly busy lifestyle, although I find the evenings just pass by in a blur and I don't actually seem to do anything. OK, well that's not strictly true. I spend a lot of time caught up in the addiction of facebook applications. How do you tell if you are addicted? Well it would appear that you follow in the footsteps of your Aunt and set up another profile just to get a second fairy garden! Except instead of using family members' details, you create a completely made up person! Oh dear, now I do sound like a fruit loop and maybe ought to delete it and stop this madness before it gets worse. How would I cope with 4 farms, 2 pets, another high bejeweled score to beat, and even more scrabble games? I can hardly deal with what I already have! I log on when I get home from work, for what is meant to be a quick look before tackling the housework. By the time I have collected my fairy gold, watered some plants in hope of finding wildlife and diamonds, harvested my peppers, onions and carrots, and collected eggs off the chickens, I find a whole hour has passed. I then try and beat other friends' Bejeweled scores and take my turns at scrabble, by which point it's getting late and half the evening has gone.

I want to spend more time with Mr P. I want to do more housework. I would also like to sit and make wedding stationery and complete my patchwork quilt. I need more hours in the evening, or I need to drop some apps!

It doesn't just stop at Facebook though. After I have tended to all my animals and crops, I then need to get my wedding gossip fix on the forum, followed by a catch up on the Camper forum, by which time I am still sitting in my work clothes, hungry, staring at a mountain of ironing. And I wonder why I have no time to blog!

I need to find a solution, but for now I need my bed! Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment