Wednesday 3 June 2009

Late Night again!

Another late night. Not good when you have a lot on at work and the heat in the office already makes you want to sleep at your desk. Especially not good when you had to get up earlier than usual and therefore have had a long day. What if you are not tired though? What then? I guess that's why I am here, writing my blog, sending everyone else to sleep but myself. That's assuming people do actually read my blog. I know of 4 people who do, and my profile has had 140 views. So either each of those people have looked 35 times, which is possible, or there are others who come here and read my late night ramblings!

Today I got up 40 minutes earlier than normal. Not out of choice, but because of our stupid electric. Or the village's stupid electric. It all started as usual with the alarm going off at 7am and Mr P getting up and heading for the bathroom. At this point I am usually hitting the snooze button and dozing on and off till 8.45. Not this morning. Within minutes of Mr P getting up, I awoke with a sense that something was wrong. Like that feeling when the alarm doesn't go off and you wake up with 10 minutes before you need to leave the house. Turning to look at the time I realised the electric had gone off. Luckily it was only 10 past 7, and I hadn't overslept. No extra sleep for me though as the we soon realised that there was no hot water, and I wanted to wash my hair. So there we are in the kitchen at 7.15 boiling pans of water on the gas hob. It makes you realise how much we take having electric for granted, and how much we use it for. It's just a good job it was bright and sunny this morning. I don't ever want to do that on a winter morning.

Luckily the electric came back on at around 7.30. Just as I had my head over the sink with Mr P washing my hair. Just in time, as I hate not being able to wash my hair properly, and what would I have done without my hair dryer and straighteners. I'm not sure I could have gone to work looking a mess!

Tomorrow, or should i say later this morning, I hope to wake up to a normal morning, with my usual routine.

Just quickly before I go to bed, I have to share the fact that my patchwork quilt is getting bigger every day, and some pretty new retro fabric arrived today. Tomorrow evening I will take a photo of it to put on here. As from tomorrow I will be taking all the quilt photos on the bed so it's easier to see it grow into full double quilt size.

Night x

No comments:

Post a Comment