Tuesday 14 April 2009

Blank Mind!

Now I am very aware of people reading my blog, I feel obliged to update regularly. As I did not post yesterday, I feel a new post is much needed. However, my mind is completely blank, and I don't really know what to say. How can a chatterbox like me be speechless?

So, I am going to finish telling you about the weekend. Sunday was another day spent decorating. We started the day by exchanging our chocolate, I had my chocolate bunny, and Mr P had his Cadbury's Egg. OK, so I was still a little miffed at not having a milkybar cow, but still, there is always next year. Also, Mr P is very slow at eating chocolate, so I get to share his when all mine has gone!

We finally finished the painting on Sunday afternoon, well the walls anyway, we still have the woodwork to do this next weekend. I finally managed to convince Mr P to spend some money on furniture and accessories for our newly decorated living room. Although, we now can't find some units we like! The only ones we really like are well over budget, so I guess next Sunday's schedule may involve a trip to Ikea.

The good news is that we did choose some curtains in the end. We settled on some linen curtains from Next, which are cream with green stripes at the top. The only problem is that I will need to take them up as they are far too long. Who decides on Standard curtain lengths? Is there such a thing as standard windows? I always thought our windows were pretty standard, although it turns out that 137cm curtains are 3 cm too short! So, hopefully the curtains will arrive by next weekend and I will be spending Sunday afternoon cutting 43cm off a pair of curtains! Good job they are plain!

Before we went curtain shopping, I decided to check out the local car boot sale. I haven't been to one for a long time, and I have this money making eBay scheme up my sleeve. So, at 7.30 on Bank Holiday Monday, I was dragging myself out of bed and into the shower, covering my face in minimum make up, just enough to look half decent, and pouring coffee down my neck. Mr P could not be risen from the land of sleep, so I was 'car booting' alone. Good job really, as I don't think it was worth leaving the house for. 2 rows of cars, and tables full of rubbish, well mostly rubbish. Do people actually buy these things? OK, I have been known to buy toys, games and books from these places, and I can understand people buying children's clothes, but why would someone want to buy someone else's well worn trainers? Or used bed sheets? Old raincoat anyone? Then there are the things you can't believe people actually buy in the first place, these gimmicky things that people buy, use once and then try and flog to some other mug on a Sunday morning. The most common things are pieces of home exercise equipment. Pedals that you use in front of the TV while sitting down, thigh exercisers, mini steppers, and other useless pieces that people buy because they think exercising at home will be easier than going to the gym.
However, all this useless tat does not stop me from looking forward to getting up early next Sunday for the next car boot sale. We also have our own collection of rubbish to take along to one this summer.

OK, so my mind obviously wasn't as empty as I originally thought, and I did find something to talk about. So it wasn't exactly interesting, but it kept you entertained for 5 minutes.

Night x

No comments:

Post a Comment