Saturday 11 April 2009

Easter Eggs & More Decorating

So, today is the 2nd day of the long Easter weekend, and there was more decorating to be done. The bright and early didn't turn out to be so early, more like 9, and it wasn't very bright either. Typical British Easter weather! Why is it that when we get a few days off work, the weather is rubbish? All I can say is that I am quite pleased we chose decorating this weekend, as it's definitely staying in weather. All those people on facebook who are having or going to Easter barbecues must be mad! We did choose to leave the house this morning, for our usual Saturday trip into town to visit the bank and have a general nosy around the shops. This weekend was a quick trip, as we wanted to return to the decorating.

So, it was off to the bank to pay some bills and WHSmith to get my monthly fix of wedding magazines. I usually try and stick to just the one, and settle for 'Perfect Wedding', but sometimes, around mid month, I get a craving for more, like I did today, and end up buying more.

While on the subject of cravings, today I was really fancying some chocolate. Now, despite the discussion with Mr P earlier in the week, the one where he suggested I have a book instead of an Easter egg, I decided to go with the chocolate. OK, I know it only lasts 2 minutes, whereas a book would last 2 days, but the thought of Easter Sunday without an Easter egg would be like Christmas dinner without the crackers. So we headed to Tesco, where I wasn't very optimistic about finding something. What is it with Tesco at Easter? I know Saturdays are busy anyway, but today it was busier than ever, people loading their trolleys full like the shops might never be open again! I suspect Tesco may be closed tomorrow, but then it will be open again on Monday, surely people don't need to shop like it's the end of the world. Do they?

The aisle with the Easter Eggs was the busiest, full of people with loaded trolleys, trying to grab the best eggs before they all sell out. What I don't understand, is that every year on the weekend of Easter, the only eggs left are the Cadbury's Cream Egg ones and the Cadbury's Caramel. Hundreds of them, and nobody wanting to buy them, or being forced to, so that they don't return home empty handed. You'd think the supermarkets would learn by now to buy less of these eggs and more of the ones that people actually like.


I had my heart set on a Lindt gold bunny as I have never had one before. £3.99 just for a gold bunny! I could have probably had a whole box of Lindt chocolates for the same price! Mr P treated me though as he knew how much I wanted one, while he settled for a Cadbury's Caramel egg, I suppose someone does like them after all. I will have to wait till next year for my Milkybar cow though, as they were all gone.
Have a Happy Easter everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment